Monday, October 16, 2006

leadership

Hi everybody..

My theme this week will be about ‘leadership’. Why did I choose to talk about it? On my first day attending the ‘Leading Learning’ module, I was assigned to select a quotation on leadership. I haven’t got the chance to choose one so I think I’m just going to talk about it in this blog.

I choose a simple quotation that I found in the internet. It said:

"The difference between a boss and a leader: a boss says, 'Go!' - a leader says, 'Let's go!'"
-E. M. Kelly, Growing Disciples, 1995

Although this quotation sounds simple yet it has a meaningful idea of leadership. When a boss, just say ‘Go!’, it means they’re just telling or instructing you to do a task or to accomplish something. Yet, when a leader says ‘let’s go’, it means that they will be guiding, motivating and bringing you all the way to success.

Being working in the education field, I think this quotation is related to teachers as leaders. And I believe it is important for a teacher to be a leader. Why?

Because a good teacher will not just instruct their student but will also guide, motivate and bring their student to achieve success in their life.

So, I hope every teacher will realise how important their role are as leaders. They should have a new perspective on how they could contribute more to the students and education as a whole.

I end my blog with this quotation:

When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. Take the reason of the thing into your mind and then look forward. Mistakes are lessons of wisdom. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.
- Hugh White

1 comment:

TriSh said...

hello,
really like what u have posted here,
it really summarises leadership ...
thank you.