Thursday, March 08, 2007

Loss and healing process

Last monday, in our C & HS class, we discuss about attachment and loss. I agree when my lecturer said, losing someone you love is really hard… it’s going to be unbearable… it takes time to heal. I’ve lost both my aunt (father’s youngest sister) and uncle (mother’s youngest brother). They both died at an early age. My late aunt was in her twenties… and my late uncle in his late thirties… What I really feel sad about is he never had a chance to meet his only son. His wife was three months pregnant when he passed away… I could remember at that time, me and my mum’s cousin just cried all the way back home when we found out about his death. When I reached home, I saw my first cousin stood in front of my grandparent house. I ran to her, we just hugged each other and cried. No words were spoken. When his son was born, I didn't want to cry because I didn't want my aunt to feel sad, but I just couldn’t help myself… when I saw the baby, all I could think about was my uncle’s face… oh… how I cried…. imagine how my aunt must feel...

Have you ever experienced of comforting someone who lost their loved ones? I know...sometimes we just couldn’t find the right words to say. A very good friend of mine lost her father in her teen years and then lost her husband when she was in her twenties… my heart goes out for her…. When that happened, I just hold her hand and hugged her… I’ve lost for words… I knew no words could comfort her at that time… I just wanted to be there for her and shared her sorrows. And my other good friend lost her babies, triplets… it was so sad… I couldn’t even look at her without tears in my eyes… she really has full of courage and determination, I’d say…

But in every sorrow, somehow somewhere, there is happiness that lies beneath….. all those that I'd mentioned are now happily married with their children… I feel really pleased and happy for all of them. I guess the healing process would be easier... no... not easier... but maybe... bearable when someone had all the support and love from those people around them, parents, siblings, families and friends. Imagine those children or people who are being neglected from all the support and love.

Lydia Maria Child said, "The cure for all ills and wrongs, the cares, the sorrows and the crimes of humanity, all lie in the one word 'love' ".

1 comment:

farytell said...

Inalillah.. dat's a very very sad stories..(I even cried to myself)

I remember way back when I just started my study here.. n I just knew a good fren of mine.. She lost her beloved grandmother who she loved more than anyone else.. n always besides her .. one day she knocked my door with a loud cried.. I couldnt help it.. but cried with her.. n gave her a huge hug... I knew it was not easy to comfort her.. apalagi couldnt see her grandmother for a last time.. till now.. she always dream of her grandmother.. all I can do is.. to comfort her.. be there when she needs me..

If I'm in her position or other person who lost loved ones.. I don know how to heal myself.. too many people that I love in this world.. n I still need them...(baru imagine aku dah nangis.. even hanya dlm mimpi)

Let's sedekahkan Al-Fatihah buat orang2 yang pergi lebih awal dari kita...Semoga mereka dicucuri rahmat oleh Allah SWT jua.. Amin..

=)