Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What is it with love? (Ada apa dengan cinta?)

It’s 14th February.. love is in the air.. I picked some interesting things about love from my cousin’s blog, Hang Lucky. I just love it.

"What does love mean?" To understand true love we have to see it through the eyes of children. A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds. The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined.

I didn’t put all the answers here. Only some of my favourites:

Rebecca - age 8 "When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love."

Nikka - age 6"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate."

Chris - age 7"Love is when mommy sees daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsome than Robert Redford."

Tommy - age 6"Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well."

Danny - 7"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK."

Children are pure philosopher, I would say. I’d say I couldn’t even describe love better than they do. Haven’t met the true love myself… My other half, is still out there.. Hah… Tough luck, as if I ever could find one. But who knows, right? Miracles do happen. My best friend shared her story once when she was told that she was choosy in finding Mr. Right. She fired back and said, “Of course I was choosy, aren’t you all? Aren’t you choosy when you buy fish at the market? You choose the best, aren’t you? That is something you eat and it disappears within minutes. This is someone I have to share my life with for the rest of my life. Of course I had the right to be choosy”. Way you go girl!!..

Well, my definition of love is… love is like life itself. It can exists unexpectedly, it’s sweet in the early years, it can last longer if you really take care for it, it’s more precious and complicated when you gets older and it can dies suddenly without you having the answer why, but you really need it because without it, you'll never survive....

4 comments:

hamny @ nyna said...

hai sis...ur post as usual brings smile to anyone's faces including me..haha... ~cinta itu boleh diumpamakan bagai makan sambal belacan, walau pedas hingga mngalir airmata msh mau d makan jua...haha~ bte, who's hang lucky?

hafida said...

Hang Lucky @ krijal.. same person.. he..

hamny @ nyna said...

haha~aku bru ku realise pnya awg khairul rijal~~ iatah bru ku mliat ia punya blog~~cian~~ puisi rindu sja ya~~ehe~~

amyheidi said...

Kaidah, very melancholic yet comfortable reading those love comments dari kids atu.
Btw, your friend is right. It has been shown that female choice are not just present in animal behaviour but human behaviour too.