Friday, February 09, 2007

Life Is Difficult

Life is difficult. Our lecturer in Counselling and Helping Skills quoted the first sentence of a novel in our first class last Monday. Is life really difficult? Well, each and every of us has a story of our own. We all face the ups and downs in life. I would say, it takes a lot of courage, braveness, patience, resilience, open-heartedness and positive mind to lead a happy, peaceful and fulfilling life. Simply said, well… life is really difficult.

I did not intend to share all the things that I’ve gone through in life… I believe other people may have gone through harder obstacles than I do. That’s what I’d like to think of whenever I get into difficulties. One of my mentor said to me, “When you have problems, do not look up to the people above you who possess everything, but look down to those who are less fortunate than you and you’ll find the courage to face whatever hurdles you may stumble into in life”.

I always watch television programmes about people facing hardships in life and read real-life stories, where sometimes you can’t imagine that it could ever happened to anybody. For example, a story about parents who lost three of their children that hanged themselves in their teen days, a husband who lost his wife and four kids when their car plunged in a river, a child severely abused and beaten to death by their own relatives and lots more.

I think by learning and comprehending about other people’s experience in life, you’ll feel stronger and will look at life with a more positive perspective. A versus in the holy Quran says “Allah the almighty, will never give you the burden that you could not endure”. I strongly believe that.

No comments: