Saturday, February 28, 2009

New Year, New Me

It's been so long since I last wrote in this blog. Busy?... Yes a bit. Lazy?...Yes a lot.
Other reasons? Distraction. TV, movie, chat rooms, other forums and others. Hopefully, this year I would be able to push myself to write more. Writing is my passion so I have to practice more if I wanna be an excellent writer. Shouldn't I?

What shall I write about on my first comeback? Exercising Your Brain... hm... sounds an interesting topic. I've been reading a book titled, 'Train Your Brain' by Dr Kawashima. This book was created to help other people to rejuvenate their brain and develop its function to a higher level. This book is meant for adults with increasing forgetfulness and difficulty remembering people's names or expressing thoughts. Perfect book for someone as forgetful as me!...

Human brain which can be divided to two hemisphere; left and right, are made up of four parts which control individual function: the frontal lobe (motor function), parietal lobe (tactile sense), temporal lobe (auditory perception) and occipital lobe (visual sense).

Dr Kawashima in his research found that doing simple calculation quickly and reading aloud makes multiple parts of both left and right hemispheres of the brain working actively. Research also shows that the brain becomes more active when we read faster.

And do you know when your brain function less? It's while you're in deep thinking and while watching TV. So people as of today... start doing simple calculations and practice reading loudly. And watch less TV (especially for me!)...

I have one simple secret for multiplying. I got it from another book called 'Think Like A Genius'. If you're multiplying any numbers with 11, just add the numbers together. For example: 22x11. Just add 2 with 2 and put the answer in the middle.
2+2=4 so the answer for 22x11 is 242.

11x11=121, 31x11=341, 51x11=561, 25x11=275. Just try yourself...

How about 57x11? Will the answer be 5127? No.... you add 5 with 1 so the answer will be 627.

More examples?...

55x11=605, 67x11=737, 89x11=979... get it?

Easy, isn't it?

Hope to share more info some other time.

Hasta La Vista...

No comments: